Added-virgin olive oil
one onion, cut into 1/four-inch dice
two cloves garlic, smashed and finely chopped
1 1/two pounds ground turkey
one/4 cup soy sauce
1 tablespoon sambal oelek, optional
one-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
A single 8-ounce can water chestnuts, drained and coarsely chopped
one/two bunch fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
four slices Cheddar
4 seeded burger buns
one/four cup mayo mixed with 2 teaspoons sambal oelek
four slices beefsteak tomatoes
four slices raw red onion
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F to hold the very first batch of burgers warm.
- For the burgers: Coat a huge saute pan with olive oil. Add the onions, season with salt and deliver to a medium-large heat. Cook the onions right up until they are soft and extremely aromatic, 7 to eight minutes. Include the garlic and cook for one to 2 minutes. Turn off the heat and allow great.
- In a massive mixing bowl, mix the turkey, soy sauce, sambal oelek, ginger, water chestnuts, cilantro and the cooked onions and garlic. (Reserve the onion pan to cook the burgers in later on.) Include 1-quarter to a single-half cup water this will help the burgers stay nice and moist. Using your hands, squish almost everything collectively until finally they are truly well mixed.
- Make and cook a minor tester patty to be certain that the turkey is really effectively seasoned. Re-season if essential. If the burger is missing salt add a lot more soy or just give a tiny sprinkey dink of salt.
- When the burger combine is seasoned appropriately, type the mix into four equal size patties.
- Coat the saute pan with new olive oil and carry to a medium-large heat. Spot the burgers in the pan. Be positive not to crowd the pan, if you want to work in batches go ahead! Cook the burgers for 5 to six minutes on every side. Area the cheese, if utilizing, on the burger and cook for one a lot more minute.
- Toast the buns in a broiler or toaster. Schmear every side of the bun lightly with the sambaal mayo. Put a burger on every of the bottom buns and top each burger with tomato, onion and lettuce. Shut up every burger, give every single 1 a small squish and consume em’ up!