- 1 pound beef top round steak, lower into 1/4-inch x 2-inch strips
- one tablespoon paprika
- two tablespoons butter
- 1 can (10-one/2 ounces) beef broth
- two garlic cloves, minced
- 2 medium green peppers, reduce into strips
- one cup thinly sliced onion
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons lowered-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup cold water
- two fresh tomatoes, peeled and minimize into wedges
- Cooked rice
- Sprinkle meat with paprika. In a big skillet, melt butter above medium-high heat. Brown beef. Add broth and garlic. Simmer, covered, for 30 minutes. Add green peppers and onion. Cover and carry on to simmer for five minutes.
- Mix cornstarch, soy sauce and water stir into meat mixture. Cook and stir right up until thickened. Gently stir in tomatoes and heat via. Serve over rice.
Extremely easy but tasty. I served it more than wide egg noodles as properly as rice. Both way it’s excellent.
I’m just making an attempt to understand how to cook at 64 years of age. I’ve often cooked genuinely effortless issues in the past with not considerably taste. I had no concept how to season meals. Then I acquired the novel thought to use a recipe! This one explained it was straightforward so it was correct up my alley. I followed the recipe nearly specifically. I employed significantly less onion for the 1st attempt and I cooked my veggies a tiny longer since I like them a bit soft. With the 1st taste I was like, hmmm, does not taste like my mom’s pepper steak. Then I was like, I truly feel that the taste of the beef broth is overpowering. I had a 2nd plate and afterwards I was spooning the sauce from the pan right into my mouth. Okay, I licked the plate clean, too. I feel I liked it.
This is the actual very same recipe, word for word, that I’ve had for 42 years. It came from Uncle Ben’s rice recipes. It is very, really very good and my family members loves it.
Quite very good it worth five star
This recipe was SO effortless. Straightforward components. Brief grocery record. My husband is a picky eater, but he actually loved the pepper steak, as well as our 14-yr grandson. I followed the recipe, no include-ins. THANK U.
Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe. My total family members enjoyed. I added a bit much more soy sauce to the pot- my only alter.
My children are crazy about pepper steak. So this was a amazing recipe. We produced it tonight and it was delicious. Nevertheless, I have to say I extra and replaced some of the ingredients. I replaced the broth with a beef bullion I use knorr. I also added three stalks of celery, two green peppers, one red pepper and one particular can of Goya tomatoes sauce. In addition, I extra 1/four soy sauce to my mixture. My meat was season with garlic powder and additional much more two tablespoon of paprika.
Seems to be like a Wonderful Recipe!
I was really pleased with how this turned out! I did season my beef a tiny a lot more by adding a little salt, pepper, and steak seasoning. I will not use frozen already sliced peppers yet again (my option, not the recipes) as I felt they became a little too soft.