This 3-Ingredient Mexican Shredded Chicken recipe is total of wonderful flavor, effortless to make in the Instant Pot or Crock-Pot, and excellent for tacos, burritos, quesadillas, salads and more!
This publish is sponsored by McCormick.
With Cinco de Mayo just about the corner, I come to feel the need to have to inform you about the most delicious Mexican shredded chicken hack I recently discovered.
Critically. It’s the ideal back pocket recipe that you can whip out when you’re brief on time but craving a winner winner chicken dinner. Due to the fact as ultra-simple as this recipe is, it is equally massive on flavor, and yields the most tender, juicy, irresistible chicken each time. Ideal for serving with chicken tacos, burritos, quesadillas, tamales, chilaquiles, nachos, or whatever else you may be craving.
And very best of all?
All you require are 3 simple components, about three minutes of prep time, and either an Quick Pot or a Crock-Pot to do the rest of the function for you. Can you guess the elements? (Drumroll please…)
Simple Mexican Shredded Chicken Elements:
Ta da! So simple, proper? To make this Mexican Shredded Chicken, you will need:
- Chicken: I advise boneless chicken breasts or thighs, you choose.
- Salsa: No matter what your preferred variety may be! I have made this with my favorite homemade salsa and my favored keep-purchased salsa, and each were total winners.
- McCormick Unique Taco Seasoning: Turns out, not all keep-bought taco seasonings are designed equal. I’ve become a huge fan of this one in excess of the previous couple of many years because:
- It tastes excellent. Specially in this recipe.
- I love the ingredient label. No preservatives, no MSG, no artificial flavors, no dairy…no hesitations.
- It’s super effortless and hassle-free, and can make this three minutes of prep time possible.
How To Make Immediate Pot Shredded Chicken:
To make this recipe in the Instant Pot strain cooker, simply…
- Include your ingredients: Mix the chicken, salsa and taco seasoning with each other in the bowl of your Instantaneous Pot, and briefly toss to mix.
- Stress cook: Then pressure cook on higher for about thirty minutes. Rapid release the pressure, then eliminate the lid.
- Shred: Use two forks to shred the chicken. Then give the shredded chicken a great toss in all of those juices to soak them up. (The juices will thicken a bit into a sauce as it cools.)
- Serve! Then dig in!
How To Make Crock-Pot Shredded Chicken:
Other choice that’s just as easy, but will take a bit much more time? Slow cooking. In a four-quart or 6-quart Crock-Pot, simply…
- Include your components: Combine the chicken, salsa and taco seasoning with each other in the bowl of your slow cooker, and briefly toss to mix.
- Slow cook: Cover and cook on reduced for 6-8 hrs or on high for three-four hrs, until the chicken shreds very easily with a fork.
- Shred: Use two forks to shred the chicken. Then give the shredded chicken a very good toss in all of people juices to soak them up. (The juices will thicken a bit into a sauce as it cools.)
- Serve! Then dig in!
Utilizes For Mexican Shredded Chicken:
There are a great number of approaches you could serve this Mexican shredded chicken recipe. But I would particularly suggest making use of it in:
- tacos (these Mexican chicken tacos below are topped with Pico de Gallo, so easy!)
- burritos (or burrito bowls)
- huevos rancheros
Also, if you are hunting for some side dish concepts, these are some of my go-to faves:
As usually, really feel free of charge to check out out our Mexican Recipes archives here on the blog for far more ideas. And also, McCormick has lots of enjoyable fiesta-worthy Cinco de Mayo recipes on their site proper now as well. (I’m specifically eyeing their Taco-Spiced Michelada!)
Nevertheless you determine to serve this chicken, hope that you get pleasure from it, absolutely everyone!